Sunday, May 23, 2010

How I Began . . .

Tres Chic started with my desire to make tu-tu's for my two older daughters, and then turned into filling custom orders for others at a dance studio owned by my mother-in-law. I called my business "Trina's Sweet Shoppe" because each tu-tu was inspired by some type of sweet treat and named accordingly. I even attached a small piece of candy to each one! I had so much fun putting together different color combinations and creating different ways to embellish and make each one unique. After a few months, a creative gene I never thought I had was found! Since then, I have enjoyed crafting and creating different kinds of hair accessories for women and children of all ages. Once I began expanding my business outside the dance studio, I found that my business name was confusing. People thought I made and sold candy! So, with the help of many family and friends, I changed the name of my business to Tres Chic, inspired by my desire to make myself and others feel pretty and chic no matter what stage of life we are in. I love being a girl and being able to create something that makes me feel pretty and chic, especially as a mom of four, three of which are girls! And since I have three girls (and the Spanish word for three is tres) it's a small, unnoticeable play on words!

I focus on selling my products locally, at farmer's markets and occasional trunk shows, but am open to filling out-of-town orders. Just shoot me an e-mail with a description of what you have seen that you like, or what you would like to see!

While I often get my inspiration from things I have seen around me, I take pride in making each accessory creative and unique to myself. I love to spend hours and hours (if I had such time) in crafty stores letting creative inspiration happen, and then running home as fast as I can to make my ideas a reality! Check back to see my latest creations, and I'll do my best to post frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online